78-PV3/KIT DWT Wheel Tracker calibration tool is a verification and calibration device for your IPC Global DWT Double Wheel Tracker.
The kit includes a full range of calibration and verification devices, including:
- A high-resolution encoder (with traceable calibration certificate) with data acquisition module, connection to PC, PC software and laptop, to measure and record all the wheel movement parameters, such as the RMSE (Root-Mean Square Error) to measure the real sinusoidal movement (based on the specifications from NCHRP Project 20-07 Task 361, now included in AASHTO T324-2019), wheel position and speed, and wheel speed at center. All the wheel movement data are then recorded and visualized with the included software, and a comprehensive verification report including all the data for further verifications (see below for details) can be issued.
- Shaped metal specimen conforming to the specification of AASHTO T324-2019 Section X2 and Figure X1.1 to verify and calculate the RMSE of the rut measurement in the 11-points.
- A 3500 N capacity load cell, with spherical seat and readout unit (with traceable calibration certificate), to verify and calibrate the load on the wheel.
- A digital thermometer with probe (with traceable calibration certificate) to measure the temperature of water or air.
- Adapters and spacers for use with IPC Global Double Wheel Tracker.
- Laptop PC with dedicated software
- Carrying case in hard plastic
The kit allows to provide a comprehensive verification and calibration of the wheel tracker to all the specifications included in AASHTO T324-2019 and EN 12697-22 Small Device (apart from wheel rubber hardness), or to periodically check the performances of the Wheel Tracker machine. The kit has been designed for use with IPC Global DWT Double Wheel Tracker but it can be adapted for use with equipment from other manufacturers.