The totally new SCB EmS is a fully automatic stand-alone test system. Utilizing our environmentally friendly Electromechanical Servoactuation (EmS) technology, it quickly determines the cracking resistance of asphalt specimens with accuracy, repeatability and compliance to standards.
Silent, compact and highly performing, the SCB EmS is run by our ingenious AutoSCB software. Pre-programmed with testing procedures conforming to international standards, our AutoSCB software will guide you from initial set-up through the full test including the critical slope and energy calculations.
SCB TEST DESCRIPTION
The Semi Circular Bend test determines the cracking resistance properties of a semi-circular asphalt specimen (cut from a Gyratory Compactor sample) with a notch cut parallel to the loading axis. The test is performed at constant vertical displacement until specimen failure. Typically, fracture energy parameters are calculated from the load/vertical displacement graph, to rank the resistance of asphalt mixtures to cracking.
Improved testing process and accuracy
The SCB EmS can complete all tests in full automatic mode and deliver standards compliant and repeatable results without manual intervention minimizing operator variability and increasing accuracy.
TOTALLY NEW AND INGENIOUS SOFTWARE
Ease of use and total standards compliance
Now controlled by its own dedicated software pre-loaded with testing procedures conforming to international standards, the SCB Tester EmS will guide you through the full test including the critical slope and energy calculations.
- Time saving with automatic PC control
- Reliable LAN connection to SCB Tester EmS
- Easy to use with a full range of pre-programmed SCB test procedures
- Total standards compliance — fully automatic SCB testing in accordance with the standard testing procedure
- Full test process automation, including slope and energy calculations
FEATURING EmS ELECTROMECHANICAL SERVOACTUATION TECHNOLOGY
Lower maintenance and noise levels
Versatile and fully automatic, this stand-alone test system is powered by our quiet and environmentally friendly EmS technology requiring no hydraulic jacks or pumps. This drastically reduces noise levels and lowers the level of maintenance.
INTERCHANGEABLE SCB JIGS
- SCB tester EmS is compatible with a range of SCB jigs conforming to the main international standards.
- ASTM/AASHTO SCB jigs are also compatible with IPC Global dynamic UTMs, AMPTs and AsphaltQubes.
STANDARD TEST METHODS
- ASTM D8044 — Standard Test Method for Evaluation of Asphalt Mixture Cracking Resistance using the Semi-Circular Bend Test (SCB) at Intermediate Temperatures
- AASHTO TP124 — Standard Test Method for Determining the Fracture Potential of Asphalt Mixtures Using the Flexibility Index Test (FIT)
- EN 12697-44 — Bituminous mixtures Test Methods for testing crack propagation by semi-circular bending.