Dynamic Shear Rheometers (DSR) performs the critical rheological characterization analysis required for SuperPave Performance Grade (PG) classification of asphalt binders. The DSR test uses a thin asphalt binder sample sandwiched between two circular plates. The lower plate is fixed while the upper plate oscillates back and forth across the sample to create a shearing action.
The 81-PV6102 and 81-PV6202 DSR models perform SuperPave performance grading according to AASHTO T315 and ASTM D7175, Viscosity determination of asphalt binder in according to AASHTO T316 and ASTM D4402 and determine Multi Stress Creep Recovery (MSCR) according to AASHTO T350 and ASTM D7405.
- Performance Grade (PG) determination test.
- Determination of deformation properties of bitumen with Multiple Stress Creep Recovery test (MSCR – Test).
- Determination of complex shear modulus G* and phase angle δ of road bitumen at different temperatures.
Affordable, robust and accurate, the new DSR offers the following benefits:
- Great value — ideal for asphalt and bitumen QC laboratories at very competitive price
- Reliable and long lasting — sturdy stainless steel construction
- Simple to use with intuitive software guiding the user through the various test phases
- Fully compliant, exceeding AASHTO, ASTM and EN Standards.
- Robust with excellent temperature stability and accuracy
DSR tests are conducted on unaged, RTFO aged and PAV aged asphalt binder samples. The binder behavior under various temperature and loading conditions is analyzed to predict its performance at anticipated climatic conditions.