Microcore method is a proven technique for the non destructive evaluation of concrete and masonry strength, taking 28 mm dia. cores and then adequately prepared for the compression test. The cores, due to the small size, does not affect the integrity of the structure thus permitting an easy restoration of the cored surface.
This technique can also be used for assessing the carbonation depth (with the appropriate reagents) and for masonry products to verify their physical condition or to evaluate the compressive strength related to the direction of sampling.
The apparatus consists of the following parts:
- Electric drill
- Flanged guide assembly
- Two clamping pliers to fit the flanged guide assembly to the surface
- Diamond core bit 28 mm int. dia., 100 mm long
- Diamond core bit 28 mm int.dia.. 200 mm long
- Set of accessories comprising 20 anchors, washers and drill bit
- Two carrying cases
To perform the test, if mains water is not available, a pressure water reservoir 10/15 l cap. should be provided as for example our model 83-D2020. See accessories.
Dimensions and weights:
- 1st case 500x380x130 mm. 7.5 kg approx
- 2nd case 390x300x90 mm. 3.8 kg approx
Core preparation and compression
Furthermore the compression test should be performed with a suitable compression machine considering that the max. required load should be lower than 50 kN. Cement compression testers or small universal testers may be conveniently used.