The PULSONIC is used for measuring the velocity of ultrasonic pulses through a concrete section providing informations on cracks, voids, strength, and giving quick estimates of dynamic modulus of elasticity on site or in the laboratory. It can also be used for estimating times for formwork striking. The pulse velocity can be combined with the rebound hammer value for the strength evaluation of concrete.
The unit includes an excel spreadsheet for the acquisition of the waveform on the PC for further elaborations.
- Standard UPV measurement with incorporated oscilloscope. Conforming to EN 12504-4 and ASTM C597. Also suitable for determining the Dynamic Modulus of Elasticity. The meter features a very accurate measurement of the transit time.
- Measurement of the Attenuation of the Transmitted Energy. Very often the transit time only is not enough to identify disomogeneities and little damages as for example microcracking of concrete which are, on the contrary, well located with this technique by properly processing the acquired waveforms.
- Frequency Spectrum Analysis by FFT Method (Fast Fourier Transform-Algorytm). For determining the natural frequency of the ultrasonic pulse transmitted through the material. This determination is suitable for the examination of the pulse path and gives indications about possible cavities, delaminations, multi-layer elements or othjer similar dishomogeneities.
- Concrete Strength Evaluation combining the Rebound number and the UPV transit time. It is possible to use our digital test hammer to obtain the avarage value of rebound number. This value can be insert in the dedicated menu of UPV tester combining a typical surface measurement with the deeper UPV transit time in order to obtain a more reliable and extended information.
- Other applications. To identify and evaluate Crack depth, Honey combing, Injection quality.