The apparatus has been designed to reduce the testing time for triaxial tests, where only one compression machine is available. With this equipment it is possible to perform the consolidation stage of three triaxial specimens at the same time for CU and CD tests in anisotropic conditions.
The apparatus consists of a steel bench complete with three load frames and centering platens, for all our triaxial cells (28-WF0410/B, 28-WF0411/B, 28-WF0416/B, 28-WF4050, 28-WF4070, 28WF4100) for specimens 35 to 100 mm dia. It can also be used for other make of triaxial cells, provided that they are equipped with a centering hole 13 mm dia. x 3 mm deep. Each consolidation frame can be equipped with a beam loading device to reduce the number of dead weights required for anisotropic consolidation (see accessories). Weights can be placed on both the centre hanger and on the lever hanger. The weights of the loading frames have been reduced to minimum so that a counterbalance of the frame is not required.
Standard complete configuration is composed by:
- Consolidation Bench for triaxial cells
- Beam loading device (see accessories)
- Slotted weights (see aaccessories)
- Axial displacment trasducers (see related products)
- Pressure system (see related products)
- Pressure trasducers (see related products)
- volume change (see related products)
- Data acquisition system (see related products)