The closed-loop feedback control system monitors the components status continuously, in order to react to any change in the parameter pre-set at each test stage.
Autotriax EmS can perform different kind of triaxial tests, :
- Total and effective stress tests UU (unconsolidated undrained), CU (consolidated undrained) and CD (consolidated drained) isotropic conditions according to ASTM and BS Standards;
- Stress path tests following MIT and Cambridge methods;
- K0 anisotropic volume controlled tests;
- Permeability tests in triaxial cells according to BS 1377: 6;
- Unsaturated soil triaxial test with control of matric suction using the axis translation method.
Also, additional software package available on request for performing:
- CRS – Constant Rate of Strain
- Unconfined compression
- CBR (California Bearing Ratio)
A typical PC controlled fully automatic triaxial configuration includes:
TRITECH 50 kN or 100 kN: TRITECH original high-performance load frames for triaxial tests, ideal solution for advanced and research laboratories that want to perform high quality tests at high productivity levels, directly managed by data acquisition and control unit.
Triaxial cell with accessories:
The proper model can be selected from our range (see triaxial load frame TRITECH and Banded triaxial cells or Double wall triaxial cells required for unsaturated tests) or, as alternative, existing machines can be used.
Data acquisition and control unit
Data acquisition and control unit transmitting data and information between the software and all the active components, such as pressure controllers and Tritech triaxial load frame.
Four models are available depending on: max pressure capacity (3500 or 1700 kPa) and number of pressure lines (one or two).
Triaxial test automatic control and processing software.
The AUTOTRIAX EmS software is a comprehensive and user-friendly interface between the operator and the testing system.
The Autotriax EmS configurations can be extended and expanded in subsequent steps, in order to control further tests adding proper components. These operations can be easily made on site just configuring the user-friendly software, as a plug-and-play system.