Controls, S.p.A and its subsidiaries (Controls) understands the importance of privacy and protecting your personal data. This privacy notice sets out the data which Controls collects about you and how Controls uses your personal data.
This privacy notice applies to our website at htttp://www.controls-group.com (the Website) and to any other dealings which we may have with you (including, for example, dealings over the phone or in person).
1. Controls, S.p.A is the data controller in respect of your personal data.
2. The Controls entity named when we collect your personal data or in the location where Controls referred you to this Privacy Notice (e.g., the Controls entity identified in the email signature containing a link to this Privacy Notice). If no Controls entity has been clearly identified, the data controller or data controllers may be identified in the following order or precedence:
- For Personal Data that Controls collects on or through its websites, Controls, S.p.A. is the data controller.
- For personal data that is collected in connection with our newsletters and other marketing message, the data controller is identified on the subscription form and in each message.
- For personal data that Controls collects pursuant to a client or contractor relationship, the Controls entity with which you have the client or contractor relationship is the data controller.
- For activities in the context of the procurement of products and services, the data controller will be the Controls entity identified in the order form, agreement, or similar document.
You can find the contact details for each Controls entity below:
Tel: +39 02 92184.1
Via Salvo D’Acquisto, 2
20050 Liscate (MI)
Tel: +33 (0) 3 89 402655
EQUIPOS DE ENSAYE CONTROLS, S.A. de C.V.
Tel: + 52 (55) 5532 0799
Miguel Negrete, 2909
74290 Atlixco – Puebla
CONTROLS Polska Sp. z.o.o.
Tel: + 48 22 403 68 07
Ul. Mińska 62 lok. 6
EQUIPOS DE ENSAYO CONTROLS, S.A.
Tel: + 34 925 510016
Pza. de Grecia 1 (Ed.Cemar)
CONTROLS TESTING EQUIPMENT Ltd
Tel: + 44 1442 828311
Controls House, Icknield Way
Tring, Herfordshire HP23 4JX
Tel: +1 847 551 5775
2521 Technology Drive, Suite 203
Elgin, IL 60124
3. We collect the following personal data from you:
Information you give us:
- Information that you provide to us by filling in forms or registering with the Website or by dealing with us or our representatives by telephone, e-mail, in person or otherwise.
- Information you provide when you subscribe for our services, search for a product, place an order, whether on the Website or otherwise, or when you report a problem with the Website.
The information may include:
a. your personal details, such as your name, address, email address and telephone number; and
b. if needed or if you purchase a product from us: your financial details, delivery details and information relating to your purchase(s).
It is important that any personal data we retain about you is accurate. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes at any point during your relationship with us.
Information we collect about you:
- We and our service providers may collect various pieces of technical information each time you visit the Website including:
- your internet protocol (IP) address, any login information, your browser type and version, your time zone setting, your browser plug-in types and versions and your device operating system and platform;
- statistical and analytical information, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from the Website (including the date and time of access), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download requests and errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (for instance scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs) and methods used to browse away from the page.
4. We and our service providers collect your personal data for the following purposes:
In respect of sales:
- to respond to enquiries you place with us, either via the Website, telephone or through a visit in person;
- to assist with, or complete and deliver any orders you place with us;
- to take payments for any orders and arrange any refunds;
- to identify other items that may be of potential interest to you;
- to let you know about those of our services which we believe may be of interest to you;
- to maintain records of ownership for the purposes such as warranties and servicing; and
- to assist you with any future interactions or with any queries you may have.
In respect of your user experience:
- to allow you to register and create an account with the Website;
- to review and improve your online experience with the Website;
- to verify your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data;
- to improve the Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- to, if you sign up to our newsletter, provide you with our newsletter; and
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service.
In respect of technical and administrative matters:
- to notify you about changes to our business practices, services or to the Website;
- to administer the Website and for our internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to keep the Website safe and secure; and
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising which we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
5. We rely on one, or more, of the following legal bases for processing your personal data:
- your consent, in circumstances where this has been given unambiguously: although you may withdraw your consent at any time by notice to us (Article 6(1)(a) GDPR);
- it is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and us (i.e. for us to process and complete any sales transaction which you would like) (Article 6(1)(b) GDPR);
- at your request prior to entering into a contract (Article 6(1)(b) GDPR); or
- it is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us (e.g. operating and making available the Website or providing you with information about our products or services, particularly in connection with pre-sales post-sales and relationship management activities) (Article 6(1)(f) GDPR).
6. We will share your personal data with the following third party recipients:
- other companies and staff in the same group of companies as us in locations around the world;
- our third party suppliers who help us to fulfill any order that you place on the Website or otherwise with us, e.g. our delivery companies and third party payment processors;
- our third party suppliers who help us maintain the Website and support our business, e.g. our hosting provider, Website developers, marketing agencies and our IT support team; and
- credit and identity checking service providers, law enforcement, regulatory bodies and fraud prevention agencies, to comply with our legal obligations or to help tackle fraud or investigate any breach of the Website terms and conditions of this privacy notice.
7. Data transfers
If we intend to transfer your personal data outside of the European Economic Area, it is to companies and staff in the same group of companies based in the USA and we are transferring personal data on the basis of standard data protection clauses which have been put in place with these third party recipients. You can receive a copy of these clauses by contacting us.
8. Data retention and storage
- We will keep your personal data for as long as you are a customer of ours.
- After you stop being a customer of ours, we will retain your personal data to comply with our legal obligations and our obligations under any product warranties.
- If we have had a contractual relationship with you we will store your personal data for six years after the contract ends. Note: a contractual relationship includes where we have sold goods to you which are subject to a long-term support program.
After this period, we will delete your personal data in a safe and secure manner.
10. Your rights
You have the right, under certain circumstances, to request from us:
- access to your personal data;
- rectification or erasure of your personal data;
- restriction of processing concerning you or to object to our processing of your personal data where we rely on our legitimate interests to process your data; and
- the right to data portability.
Where we rely on your consent, you may also withdraw your consent at any time.
If you wish to stop receiving any marketing emails from us, you may unsubscribe from these emails at any time by contacting the Controls directly and making such request or clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link in the emails.
You also have the right to complain about the manner in which we process your personal data to the European Data Protection Authority listed below:
Italian Data Protection Authority
Garante per la protezione dei dati personali
Piazza Venezia 11
French Data Protection Authority
Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés
3 place de Fontenoy
75334 Paris Cedex 07
Spanish Data Protection Agency
Agencia Española de Protección de Datos
C/Jorge Juan, 6
Personal Data Protection Office
Urząd Ochrony Danych Osobowych
ul. Stawki 2
Any questions concerning this Privacy Notice should be directed to the following:
Via Salvo D’Acquisto, 2
20050 Liscate (MI)
11. Link di terze parti al sito web
Questo sito web può includere collegamenti a siti web, plug-in e applicazioni di terzi. Cliccando su questi link o attivando tali connessioni si può consentire a terzi di raccogliere o condividere dati su di te. Noi non controlliamo questi siti web, plug-in e applicazioni di terzi e non siamo responsabili delle loro dichiarazioni sulla privacy o di ciò che vi accade dopo che avete lasciato questo sito web. Quando lascia questo sito web, la invitiamo a leggere l'informativa sulla privacy di ogni altro sito web che visita.
12. Aggiornamenti alla presente informativa sulla privacy
Di tanto in tanto potremmo aver bisogno di aggiornare questa informativa sulla privacy per garantire che rimanga aggiornata. Si prega di fare riferimento alla data all'inizio di questa informativa sulla privacy per assicurarsi che si sta guardando l'ultima versione.