The Autoshear is an automatic machine for direct/residual shear testing. It incorporates a high-resolution stepper motor fitted with a high precision load transfer mechanism.
Via the large 6" touch screen colour display the user can start, pause and stop the test, select the data-recording mode, view the readings and the diagrams during the test execution and carry out the transducers calibration (load cell and two displacement transducers).
The axial transmission of the horizontal force adopts a straight connection through shear box, shaft and load cell. This design avoids the load measurement inaccuracies occurring with the widely used "swan neck" basic design.
A high quality techno-polymeric material has been adopted for the carriage of the shear box, offering excellent resistance to corrosion, wear and tear and to the chemicals often mixed with the soil specimens.
Furthermore, this polymeric carriage is lightweight and easy to clean.
Vertical load is applied directly to the specimen via a loading yoke and a weights holding arm which amplifies 10 times the applied value.
Load cell and displacement transducers, weight and shear box assembly shall be ordered separately (see accessories and related products)
Load ring and dial gauge are also suitable for manual recording.
Standard complete configuration is composed by:
- Shear box (see accessories and related products)
- Vertical displacement transducer (see accessories and related products)
- Horizontal displacement transducer (see accessories and related products)
- Load cell (see accessories and related products)
- Set of Weight (see accessories and related products)
- Template for data processing (see accessories)