This test determines the rate and magnitude of consolidation of a soil specimen restrained laterally and subjected to a number of successive increments of vertical loads.
The oedometer consists of a rigid aluminium alloy frame to avoid any distortion under load. The lever arm assembly is supported in precision self-aligning bearings and has three hanger positions for 9:1, 10:1 and 11:1 ratio. The oedometers fit with linear potentiometric transducers, can be connected to Data acquisition unit.
The consolidation test can also be automatically performed with the Automatic Computerized oEdometer.
Analog configuration is composed by:
- Bench (see accessories)
- Consolidation cells (see accessories)
- Dial gauge (see related products)
- Weights (see accessoreis)
Digital configuration is composed by:
- Consolidation cells (see asccessories)
- Displacement transducer (see related products)
- Data acquisiton (see related products)
- Weights (see accessories)