Wykeham Farrance, the soil mechanic division of Controls group, developed a new concept of highly automated equipment: AUTOLAB.
AUTOLAB is a range of machines and software for static and dynamic test automation. A computer/software controlled testing equipment that do not require user intervention during all the test.
AUTOLAB full automation combines:
- The achievement of a high level testing regime that produces reliable and repeatable results complying with relevant standards;
- The opportunity to perform routine research testing in commercial laboratories;
- A modular approach that allows system expansion in increments of software and components, ensuring an overall return on investments;
- High productivity, with testing able to continue 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, without interruption;
- Cost effective testing;
- The ability to eliminate uncertainties such as operator error and inconsistency between operators, manual calibration errors, poor repeatability of test conditions, etc.;