PC control option
When connected to PC, the system is fully computerized and controlled by the Data Manager software
Accurate load rate control for quality testing
An accurate and constant load rate application without large fluctuations (typically 10% of the pre-set value) not only guarantees testing to Standards and reliability of results, but also allows the test to be performed by operators who do not have experience.
The advantage of the test automation.
The test cycle with closed loop digital feedback is automatically performed by simply pressing the start button. The load-time graph and the actual load rate are displayed in real time during the test. Correct test execution according to the selected Standard, is continuously and automatically controlled.
Energy Saving test system
“ES technology” features accurate oil flow control, conforming to Standards, resulting in no oil dispersion, silent operation, cold oil temperature and low energy consumption (save over 30% compared to traditional systems).
High flexibility: can control testing frames from 100 to 5000 kN
AUTOMAX can fit all our compression and flexural testing frames performing accurate and reliable tests also for low strength results. It can also be used for other make compatible hydraulic compression and flexural frames
Third frame control option
AUTOMAX can be upgraded, as option, with distributor block for the non simultaneous control of a third frame as, for example, Flexural testing frame and Cement compression frame. Active frame selection is made via the display/software.An ideal and economical solution to the automation of the most important tests on concrete and cement specimens.
- Recording facility of up to 10 test profiles for each channel allowing quick and easy test start
Automax SMART line, fully automatic tester
The automatic system controlled by digital unit and/or PC, featuring Energy Saving technology and two frame control, expandable to three
AUTOMAX stand-alone control console 50-C10D02 50-C10D02 with 50-C56Z00 frame 50-C10D02 with 50-C68Z00 frame 50-C10D02 with 50-C4700/FR frame AUTOMAX with 50-C4600/FR EN 2000 kN compression frame (with distant pieces) and 50-C1201/BFR flexural frame fit with 50-1200/8 bearers 50-C10D02 with 50-C56Z00 and 50-C1201/BFR fit with 50-C1200/8 bearers and 65-L18Z10 300kN frame with 50-C9030 compression device
This modern and advanced unit has been designed to fit all our models of compression and flexural frames ranging from 100 to 5000 kN capacity. The previous version, developed few years ago with excellent sales results all over the world, has been further upgraded adopting the latest technologies thus maintaining a very competitive price. The Automatic compression testers fitted with the AUTOMAX System have to be considered the most reliable, and advanced solution for Central Concrete Testing Laboratories, Private laboratories and Contractors
Very often may be convenient to update an old compression tester, replacing for example the old pressure gauge and pump, with a modern automatic control console as our Automax Smart-Line thus granting high accuracy and reliability. This application requires a suitable pressure transducer and connecting cable. See Pressure transducers
The AUTOMAX System is usually proposed as part of the compression machines (AUTOMAX, Super- Automatic EN testers for cubes, cylinders and blocks, AUTOMAX, Super-Automatic ASTM testers for cylinders) but it is available also as stand-alone control console. The two solutions are technically identical and can be selected conforming to customer requirement: the first solution is more economic and compact, the second is more ergonomic and flexible being possible to move it easily to fit another frame in the laboratory and it is also useful to update an old compression tester with a modern and much more accurate control console.
The AUTOMAX System can control two testing frames extendable to three.
Furthermore, the front panel of the electronic control system, is designed to incorporate a serial printer, programmed to print all test results and to plot the Load/Time graph. See Upgrading options.
The AUTOMAX system can be completed, as option, with the Data Manager PC software 82-SW/DM (new release compatible only with SMART LINE units) for remote control of the machine via PC, real time acquisition and management of test data. See accessories.
As specified, the compression and flexural testing frames have to be selected conforming to the Standard in use and to the specimens shape and dimensions.
Technical specificationsThe AUTOMAX Control system features:
- Dual stage pump: centrifugal low pressure high delivery for fast approach and automatic switch to radial multi-piston high pressure for loading
- DC motor, 720 W, 50-60 Hz
- Max working pressure 650 bar
- Third frame connection option (non contemporaneous use only), Active frame selection by software.
- Energy Saving technology to reduce the power consumption and silent operation
- 132000 points high resolution/stability analogical channels
- Touch screen graphic display 240x128 pixel, icons driven showing figures and diagrams
- Large storing capacity on USB pen drive of test data downloadable to PC
- Ethernet port for communication with PC
- Integrated graphic printer as optional
- Simultaneous display of load, specific load, actual load rate and load/time graph
- LAN connection to PC for transmission, in real time, during loading, of load and time values
- Easy firmware update through Ethernet port
- Memory management with display of stored tests, download of data to internal printer or PC, delete single test or reset entire memory
- Automatic multi-coefficient calibration procedure with automatic storage of data without manual editing (using a suitable load cell and readout unit
- Multi-coefficient calibration procedure with automatic storage of data (requires external reference load cell and readout unit)
- Recording facility of up to 10 test procedures for each channel including: type of test (e.g. compression, flexural, indirect tensile), specimen size and shape, load rate, standard in use, and other general information. Each one of the recorded test procedures can be activated by default to save time.
- Compatible with the Data Manager software 82-SW/DM, new release tailored on the requirements of laboratories for construction materials, for real time data acquisition, display and management
- 12 languages, Unit selection, etc.
- Screen saver
- Overall dimensions: (hxlxd) 1292x350x450 mm
- Weight approx.: 80 kg
AUTOMAX SMART line, Automatic control console, for connection to two testing frames. PC not included. 230 V, 50-60 Hz, 1 ph
AUTOMAX SMART line, Automatic control console, for connection to two testing frame. PC not included. 110 V, 60 Hz, 1 ph
ASTM C39, AASHTO T22 Compression frames
EN 12390-4, EN 772-1 Compression frames
General utility compression frames
Compression-flexure cement testing frames
Flexural frame for std beams, 100 kN cap.
Universal flexural frame, 100-150 kN cap.
Universal flexural frames 150 kN cap., with adjustable vertical clearance
Data manager PC software
The following Standards refer essentially to the execution of the testing procedure (eg. Load rate, load application, accuracy etc.) as the mechanical and physical requirements refer to the testing frame which has to be selected conforming the Standard in use, the shape and dimensions and the expected strength of the specimens.
Compressive strength of test specimens
Specification for compression testing machine
Flexural strength of test specimens
Tensile splitting strength of test specimens
Concrete paving blocks
Concrete paving flags
Concrete kerb units
Determination of cement strength
Determination of compressive strength of masonry units (blocks)
Compressive strength of cylindrical concrete specimens
Flexural strength of concrete. Third point loading
Flexural strength of concrete. Center point loading
Splitting tensile test of cylindrical concrete specimens
Compressive strength of cylindrical concrete specimens
UpgradingThird frame facility
Upgrading the Automax System for a third frame connection and control. Frame selection via display/PC
Graphic printer (To be factory installed)
Upgrading the DIGIMAX, PILOT and AUTOMAX to incorporate a serial graphic printer in the front panel allowing also load/time plot at the end of test.
- Very silent printing
- High speed: 50 mm/sec
- High resolution: 203 dpi=8 dots/mm
- Support test and graphic printing
- Easier maintenance with self-diagnostic
- Paper width: 57.5 mm
Link to other products
AUTOMAX, Super- Automatic EN testers for cubes, cylinders and blocks Introduction The AUTOMAX Compact-Line, Super-Automatic compression testers, adopting the... more AUTOMAX E-Modulus console for Elastic Modulus and Poisson ratio determination The AUTOMAX E-Modulus is specifically designed for the determination of Elastic Modulus... more